SOF 1.5 release on FTP server

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Jun 1 11:23:56 CEST 2020

Dne 01. 06. 20 v 10:14 Paul Dann napsal(a):
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 08:53, Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz> wrote:
>> I don't plan any new release on ALSA FTP. Intel releases signed firmware files
>> on github now:
>>
>> https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin
>
> Hi Jaroslav; many thanks for the fast response. It does seem that the
> Github version is missing a number of files that are present in your
> FTP version. I'd just like to check this doesn't represent a loss of
> functionality?

My FTP packages also include all unsigned firmware files compiled with gcc.
They are unusable for the most Intel platforms where only signed firmware
files can be loaded to DSP (security).

Those files are probably good for the development platforms, but they do not
have much value for the general Linux distros at the moment. I assume that
developers can compile own versions.

BTW: Fixed topology files for v1.5 (generic sof hda):

https://www.alsa-project.org/files/pub/misc/sof/sof-bin-topology-1.5-dmic-20db-fix.tar.gz

Use this on top of the sof-bin repo / v1.5 branch if you like. It seems that
the fix in sof-bin is delayed.

						Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>