SOF 1.5 release on FTP server

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Jun 1 09:53:53 CEST 2020

Dne 01. 06. 20 v 9:24 Paul Dann napsal(a):
> Hi there,
>
> I'm eagerly awaiting the sof-firmware 1.5 builds to land on your server:
>
> https://www.alsa-project.org/files/pub/misc/sof/
>
> Archlinux builds its sof-firmware package from there. SOF 1.5 was
> tagged on the 27th April on Github. I'm wondering if there are plans
> to release a build for this version to the same place?

I don't plan any new release on ALSA FTP. Intel releases signed firmware files
on github now:

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin

Unfortunately, 1.5 version has serious bug in the topology files, so I don't
recommend to use it unless you compile the updated topology files yourself:

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/issues/2937

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>