SOF 1.5 release on FTP server

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 1 16:45:03 CEST 2020

Hey,

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Dne 01. 06. 20 v 10:14 Paul Dann napsal(a):
> > Hi Jaroslav; many thanks for the fast response. It does seem that the
> > Github version is missing a number of files that are present in your
> > FTP version. I'd just like to check this doesn't represent a loss of
> > functionality?
>
> My FTP packages also include all unsigned firmware files compiled with gcc.
> They are unusable for the most Intel platforms where only signed firmware
> files can be loaded to DSP (security).

Paul, I can confirm the sof-bin is the definitive location to get
the SOF binaries.

> BTW: Fixed topology files for v1.5 (generic sof hda):
>
> https://www.alsa-project.org/files/pub/misc/sof/sof-bin-topology-1.5-dmic-20db-fix.tar.gz
>
> Use this on top of the sof-bin repo / v1.5 branch if you like. It seems that
> the fix in sof-bin is delayed.

We also now have a stable release 1.4.3 available:
https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin/tree/stable-v1.4.3

... this helps to fix the freeze issue seen on some laptops with SOF 1.4.2
(e.g. https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/1917 Paul you've
reported).

1.5.1 is indeed delayed. We are trying to expedite the process.

Br, Kai