[alsa-devel] [External] Re: alsa-lib: Add ucm support for whiskeylake sof-skl_hda_card audio

Mark Pearson mpearson at lenovo.com
Tue Sep 24 14:06:04 CEST 2019

> > I think the first order would be to have the file cleaned-up, with its
> > Intel origin clearly stated with a signed-off-by tag.
> >
> > Then once this is done, the Debian package creation needs to be
> > handled (using either the ALSA repo or the cloned version on SOF
> > GitHub). I don't have any experience with Debian packages so can't
> > really comment on the effort it would take.
>
> I did some cleanups here:
>
> https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-
> conf/commit/f796f0852a097e238fa9f5efb174e95b5ee6c8b7
>
> Pierre, could you confirm the original source and are you ok with that?

I got confirmation from Intel that they are the original source - they provided me with the files (as an aside in case it is important, originally they were working with Canonical on getting Ubuntu working on one of our (Lenovo) platforms). I was following up with Canonical to just check what they had done but haven't heard back yet.

Since Intel has provided the files to me directly - can I act as an original source confirmation?