[alsa-devel] [External] Re: alsa-lib: Add ucm support for whiskeylake sof-skl_hda_card audio

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Tue Sep 24 13:53:35 CEST 2019

Dne 19. 09. 19 v 17:15 Pierre-Louis Bossart napsal(a):
> On 9/19/19 9:54 AM, Mark Pearson wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed UCM is required for all cases where SOF and PulseAudio are used.
>>>
>>> Our thinking was however to add this UCM file to the new repository outside
>>> of alsa-lib [1]. There is an on-going thread started by Jaroslav to move those
>>> files and relicense them as BSD-3-Clause [2]
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2019-
>>> July/153257.html
>>> [2]
>>> https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2019-
>>> September/155246.html
>>
>> Thanks Pierre.
>>
>> Do we have any approximate timelines on when and how this will happen? (I'm new to this)
>>
>> One of my main aims is that we have a customer using Debian and one of our platforms that require this change - I need to make sure I understand how this would roll out and what actions they need to take in the meantime if it's not going to be available in Debian.
>
> I think the first order would be to have the file cleaned-up, with its
> Intel origin clearly stated with a signed-off-by tag.
>
> Then once this is done, the Debian package creation needs to be handled
> (using either the ALSA repo or the cloned version on SOF GitHub). I
> don't have any experience with Debian packages so can't really comment
> on the effort it would take.

I did some cleanups here:

https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/commit/f796f0852a097e238fa9f5efb174e95b5ee6c8b7

Pierre, could you confirm the original source and are you ok with that?

			Thank you,
				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>