[alsa-devel] Cherry trail and Nau 88l24 codec

KCHSU0 at nuvoton.com KCHSU0 at nuvoton.com
Mon Dec 5 09:58:59 CET 2016

Hi Joseph,

The initiation is different from windows. It is fine as I think because the codec driver is different between two systems.
The machine driver is only to bring up the sound device. If you can see the sound card in your platform, the machine driver has worked as well.
Could you check the following information in your platform now?

1.     Can register dump work? Try the command. Ex.

# cat /sys/kernel/debug/regmap/i2c-10508824\:00/registers

2.     Can you see sound card info.? There are some virtual files in the folder and you can cat the info..

/sys/devices/platform/cht-bsw-nau8824/SSP2-Codec

/proc/asound/

Besides, I think the timeout is nothing with the machine and codec. Maybe you can consult with Intel about the issue.

BR.
John Hsu
AC30, Nuvoton Technology Corp.
+886 3 5770066 Ext. 37111