[alsa-devel] Cherry trail and Nau 88l24 codec

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 7 15:19:19 CET 2016

On 12/7/16 3:21 AM, Joseph Wang wrote:
> Two new items:
>
> 1) The firmware time outs happen when I try to turn on all of the switches
> in alsa mixer and set the volumes and gains of everything to 100%,  It
> doesn't like that.
>
> 2) In pulseaudio, I'm only seeing the output device "Headphones".  Not sure
> where this is getting set.
>
> But it looks like things are working up until the mixer, and it's a matter
> of finding the right magic configurations for those.

Don't try random settings and 100% volume, you're going to lose your
hearing or speakers, or both.

start from the mixer values used here for the dsp
https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/blob/master/bytcr-rt5640/HiFi

remove everything related to rt5640 and add the modes for each
input/output supported by your codec, starting from low volume until you
find a setting that seems fine.

you really want to copy paste this directory and rename as needed, and
copy the files in /usr/share/alsa/ucm.