[alsa-devel] A&H Zed R16 not completely working (DICE Jr)

Allan Klinbail aklinbail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:14:44 CEST 2016

Thanks Takashi ,

It was my understanding that FFADO would eventually be deprecated,  so am
trying to provide test feedback for my device.  I thought comparable
performance would be a goal.

It was late last night when I was testing so I apologise if I sounded
ungrateful.

Using ALSA is desirable as I have a large number of MIDI devices (2*AMT 8)
and 3 other control devices..  Using ALSA provides better connectivity than
a2jmidi..

I will try alsa in,  plug.. I am concerned though this is not an ideal
solution due to trying to sync multiple devices which in reality share a
clock..  Adding even more latency..

I will continue using FFADO for production work,  but am happy to keep
testing if you believe improvements can be made