[alsa-devel] DP1.2 MST audio support discussion

Yang, Libin libin.yang at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 09:40:23 CEST 2015

OK, I see. Thanks. I will not change the jack kctl name.
BTW, the PCM number will be the same as converter, which means
it will be 3 on Intel platforms.

> Given that my proposed mapping algorithm will never change pin to
> PCM
> mapping (unless you have two displayport outputs and use MST on
> both), I
> think we can get away with not exposing the actual pin to userspace.
> And should this later become necessary, we can add a separate kctl for
> that.

My current thought is to expose the same jack kctls (same number and
same name) to userspace while we will create hda_jack_tbl for each device
entry. When pcm is bound to the device entry, the corresponding
jack kctl will be bound to the device entry.

Regards,
Libin