[alsa-devel] DP1.2 MST audio support discussion

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Oct 22 09:27:51 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-22 08:56, Yang, Libin wrote:

> [...]

Yes. And I don't understand why you need to do it, either - if you have
three display port monitors on one pin, then they will all get different
PCMs (8, 9 and 10), and they will signal their Jack status through
"HDMI/DP,pcm=8 Jack", "HDMI/DP,pcm=9 Jack" and "HDMI/DP,pcm=10 Jack".

Given that my proposed mapping algorithm will never change pin to PCM
mapping (unless you have two displayport outputs and use MST on both), I
think we can get away with not exposing the actual pin to userspace.
And should this later become necessary, we can add a separate kctl for that.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic