[alsa-devel] getting the sound to work on my asus m6s00v

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:07:14 CEST 2015

> I manged to get sound working again while playing arround with hdaretask.
> but initially i tried setting up the outputs as suggest,
> which didn't giveanything, then a then I tried setting 0.15 as internal
speaker also.

> For the first few seconds there where no sound, and then the sound slowly
started to increase, but not the sound i was playing just some noise, not
continously but.. erhm like this:

> I was not able to kill the sound even when muting all channels in alsa
mixer.

> then I removed all overrides (expect ch0x18), after clicking apply the
repeating periodic sound dis-apered, and I was able to play sound.

> So now I am able to play sound through the internal speaker
> I have toggled ho_mic_detect=false, set model=auto.

You have to post output of alsa-info.sh for your patched driver if it work

Do you mean you cannot get correct impedence value for your jacks ?