[alsa-devel] No sound and systemd journal filling when inserting headphones when power-saving is enabled

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Feb 24 16:03:30 CET 2015

At Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:00:35 +0000 (UTC),
Dang Sananikone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I previously posted in alsa user mailing list about a problem I was facing
> with having no sound and the systemd journal filling when using headphones:
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/38948
>
> I subsequently realised that I had enabled power-saving a few weeks ago and
> it was this power-saving that was causing the problem. My response to myself
> is here:
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/38953
>
> I am now satisfied that disabling power-saving has resolved my issue, but
> there has been a suggestion that I report this issue, so here it is.
> Apologies if this is the wrong place (this is my first time on the alsa
> mailing list).

Don't worry, here is the right place for such a bug report.

> Let me know if you want me to create a bug ticket and where it
> should be created (the bug tracker URL link in the alsa project page is not
> working).

You can open a bug report on bugzilla.kernel.org, but also keep
debugging in alsa-devel ML, too.

In general, get alsa-info.sh output (run it with --no-upload option)
at both working and non-working states for comparison.  This will give
us a bit clearer light.  Attach the generated files to bugzilla or
post to ML.

thanks,