[alsa-devel] No sound and systemd journal filling when inserting headphones when power-saving is enabled

Dang Sananikone dang.sananikone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:00:35 CET 2015

Hi,

I previously posted in alsa user mailing list about a problem I was facing
with having no sound and the systemd journal filling when using headphones:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/38948

I subsequently realised that I had enabled power-saving a few weeks ago and
it was this power-saving that was causing the problem. My response to myself
is here:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/38953

I am now satisfied that disabling power-saving has resolved my issue, but
there has been a suggestion that I report this issue, so here it is.
Apologies if this is the wrong place (this is my first time on the alsa
mailing list).

Let me know if you want me to create a bug ticket and where it
should be created (the bug tracker URL link in the alsa project page is not
working).