[alsa-devel] dummy codec + simple card combination

Jean-Francois Moine moinejf at free.fr
Fri Apr 3 10:45:52 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 22:24:45 +0200
Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:

> For what kind of device do you wrote simple codec? We would use it for
> GSM and BT

At this time, I wanted to use DPCM, and a dummy codec was needed.
The simple codec could also have been used to replace empty codecs as
s/pdif and hdmi.

> (we could use bt-sco driver) which produce PCM samples (rate is
> determined by mclk and bclk).
> If your proposal wasn't accepted then I think the best would be for
> our purpose to write dummy codecs
> for both interfaces and not generic simple codec.

The generic simple codec was just a dummy codec.
Which difference do you see?

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/