[alsa-devel] dummy codec + simple card combination

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:24:45 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf at free.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 23:08:30 +0200
> Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This fixed-codec driver could also cover e.g. spdif_receiver and
>> spdif_transmitter codecs which are also
>> only dummy.
>
> The S/PDIF CODECs are not really dummy. Their presence indicates that
> there is a S/PDIF connector and to which audio device it is connected.
>
> BTW, I already proposed a generic DT CODEC, but it was not accepted:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-September/199241.html
Thanks for link.
For what kind of device do you wrote simple codec? We would use it for
GSM and BT
(we could use bt-sco driver) which produce PCM samples (rate is
determined by mclk and bclk).
If your proposal wasn't accepted then I think the best would be for
our purpose to write dummy codecs
for both interfaces and not generic simple codec.

> --
> Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
> Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/

BR,

marek

--