[alsa-devel] Microphone does not longer work on Lenovo N581

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Oct 2 12:02:29 CEST 2013

At Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:13:34 +0200,
Manuel Reimer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Archlinux and so usually run always on the latest kernel.
>
> But unfortunately somewhere with Kernel 3.9 my Intel sound got broken.
> Playback works, but no microphone is found.
>
> So I keep downgrading to 3.8.8 for some months, now.
>
> Can someone please help me with finding a solution for this? Is it
> really possible that the alsa driver "snd_had_intel" was broken between
> 3.8 and 3.9 and noone found this bug, so far?

First off, take alsa-info.sh output on 3.8.8 kernel where the internal
mic works.  Run the script with --no-upload option, and keep the
output.

Then test with the later kernel.  3.9 is way too old to debug, so test
with 3.11 or 3.12-rc.  If this still doesn't work, take alsa-info.sh
output again with that kernel, and attach both outputs for further
analysis.