[alsa-devel] Microphone does not longer work on Lenovo N581

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Oct 2 16:54:55 CEST 2013

On 10/02/2013 12:02 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> First off, take alsa-info.sh output on 3.8.8 kernel where the internal
> mic works.  Run the script with --no-upload option, and keep the
> output.

Nice script. I did so and used "diff" to compare the two.

This way, I saw, that not only "Microphone" disappeared but "Capture"
was added.

So I pushed "Capture" to maximum volume and unmuted the channel and...
now my microphone works!

IMHO it is a bit confusing if "Microphone" is renamed to "Capture" ;)

And another thing, that seems to be misnamed, is the "Internal
microphone boost" setting. If an external microphone is plugged in, then
this setting also applies to this microphone. So maybe it would be
better to name it "Microphone boost"?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings,

Manuel