[alsa-devel] Microphone does not longer work on Lenovo N581

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 09:25:06 CEST 2013

I'm using Archlinux and so usually run always on the latest kernel.

> But unfortunately somewhere with Kernel 3.9 my Intel sound got broken.
> Playback works, but no microphone is found.
>
> So I keep downgrading to 3.8.8 for some months, now.
>
> Can someone please help me with finding a solution for this? Is it really
> possible that the alsa driver "snd_had_intel" was broken between 3.8 and
> 3.9 and noone found this bug, so far

seem N581 and U310 have same codec cx20590 and PCI SSID but different codec
SSID

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1080893

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Panther Point High
Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04) Subsystem: Lenovo Device
[17aa:3977]

Codec: Conexant CX20590
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x14f1506e
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa4009
Revision Id: 0x100003

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1161239

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Panther Point High
Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04) Subsystem: Lenovo Device
[17aa:3977]

Codec: Conexant CX20590
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)