[alsa-devel] hda_analyzer (was: Re: HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4)

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jan 17 16:33:56 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 04:29 PM, Raymond Yau wrote:
>  > File "/dev/shm/hda-analyzer/hda_proc.py", line 143, in wrongfile
>  >     raise ValueError, "wrong proc file format (%s)" % msg
>  > ValueError: wrong proc file format (integer decode 'State of AFG node
> 0x01:' ('Node '))
>  >
>  > Any ideas?
>
> This patch add lines which make the parser of hda_proc.py fail
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=f4f0a8c4783a0258f2d0020a67fd619ce41a02a3;hp=e4cc6153401fc59d6d4ca0317be5774bdbd399ba

Sigh, this is not the first time new stuff in the proc file crashes
hda_analyzer.

Jaroslav, can you please fix hda_analyzer so that it ignores new stuff
in the proc file instead of crashing, so we don't have this problem over
and over again?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic