[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:29:44 CET 2013

>> > OK, now as far as Auto-Mute goes, should it do what expected when
enabled - i.e. muting the speakers when headphones are connected to the
front panel? I have tried that, does not seem to work.

>> Do your computer chassis have a hda front audio panel with Jack
detection ?

>> The front headphone Jack should return true when headphone Jack is
plugged

>> control.35 {
>> iface CARD
>> name 'Front Headphone Jack'
>>

>> value false
>> comment {
>> access read
>> type BOOLEAN
>> count 1
>> }
>> }
>>
>> All ADI codecs support impedance measurement
>>
>> Try the modified hda-jack-sense-test which need hda-analyzer
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/90911/focus=91115
>

> Hmmm, ran into some python issues. Even hda-analyzer itself is not
working:
> File "/dev/shm/hda-analyzer/hda_proc.py", line 143, in wrongfile
>     raise ValueError, "wrong proc file format (%s)" % msg
> ValueError: wrong proc file format (integer decode 'State of AFG node
0x01:' ('Node '))

> Any ideas?

This patch add lines which make the parser of hda_proc.py fail

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=f4f0a8c4783a0258f2d0020a67fd619ce41a02a3;hp=e4cc6153401fc59d6d4ca0317be5774bdbd399ba