[alsa-devel] M-Audio Delta 1010LT: S/PDIF clock source not working

Jonas Petersen jnsptrsn1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:34:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to capture from S/PDIF. I get a signal but the clocking is
broken somehow.

I have 'Multi Track Internal Clock' on 'ICE958 Input'.

'Word Clock Status' and 'Word Clock Sync' are 'Off'.

What happens is the following: It captures what comes in on S/PDIF but
it seems it will always use the internal clock with the setting from
'Multi Track Internal Clock Default'.

So even though 'Multi Track Internal Clock' is on 'ICE958 Input', the
setting of 'Multi Track Internal Clock Default' will clock the signal.

A 1 kHz sine wave at 48 kHz samplerate captured with 'Multi Track
Internal Clock Default' on 96 kHz will result in a 2 kHz sine. When the
sample frequency rates are matched, it will capture at correct rate but
with hiccups due to the rates not perfectly aligned.

What can I do narrow down the cause?

Reards
Jonas