[alsa-devel] M-Audio Delta 1010LT: S/PDIF clock source not working

Jonas Petersen jnsptrsn1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 02:52:42 CEST 2013

Am 05.04.2013 17:34, schrieb Jonas Petersen:
> I am trying to capture from S/PDIF. I get a signal but the clocking is
> broken somehow.
>
> I have 'Multi Track Internal Clock' on 'ICE958 Input'.
>
> 'Word Clock Status' and 'Word Clock Sync' are 'Off'.
>
> What happens is the following: It captures what comes in on S/PDIF but
> it seems it will always use the internal clock with the setting from
> 'Multi Track Internal Clock Default'.
>
> So even though 'Multi Track Internal Clock' is on 'ICE958 Input', the
> setting of 'Multi Track Internal Clock Default' will clock the signal.
>
> A 1 kHz sine wave at 48 kHz samplerate captured with 'Multi Track
> Internal Clock Default' on 96 kHz will result in a 2 kHz sine. When
> the sample frequency rates are matched, it will capture at correct
> rate but with hiccups due to the rates not perfectly aligned.

It seems it's related to the ICE1712... I now tried the Audiophile 2496.
Same behaviour! There is no way to clock from external (S/PDIF). The
'Multi Track Internal Clock Default' setting will always override the
external clock rate and mess up the capturing.

I did tests on 2 very different systems: a) AMD with Xubuntu 12.10, b)
Intel with Ubuntu 12.10.

- Jonas