[alsa-devel] Fwd: Support for Roland VG-99 (working code, but could use help)

Pete Leigh pete.leigh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:31:03 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel, thanks for taking the time..

On 16 October 2012 08:40, Daniel M

> are you sure 44100 is the only supported sample rate?

Yep, the manual is pretty clear about that. Also,
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/849 in the "specs" section.

>>  the device name no longer shows up in lsusb output [...]
> lsusb -v should still show it

Hmm... and now it's there! I guess I must have missed it.

>  For the normal output, you could submit
> an entry here: http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html

Right! I've just done that - the id comes up differently for the two
"driver modes", so I put both in.

> Check out the latestes sound.git[*] and make sure your patch applies
> there. Also note that the entries in this file are sorted by VID/PID.

Ok, I'll give this a shot.. Does the quirk definition look sane? Is it
worth showing the lsusb -v output with that patch in place (would you
expect that to look any different... it still has the "unrecognized"
parts)?

Cheers,

- Pete.