[alsa-devel] Fwd: Support for Roland VG-99 (working code, but could use help)

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:36:07 CEST 2012

On 16.10.2012 10:31, Pete Leigh wrote:
> Hi Daniel, thanks for taking the time..
>
> On 16 October 2012 08:40, Daniel M
>
>> are you sure 44100 is the only supported sample rate?
>
> Yep, the manual is pretty clear about that. Also,
> http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/849 in the "specs" section.

Ok then.

>>>  the device name no longer shows up in lsusb output [...]
>> lsusb -v should still show it
>
> Hmm... and now it's there! I guess I must have missed it.
>
>>  For the normal output, you could submit
>> an entry here: http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html
>
> Right! I've just done that - the id comes up differently for the two
> "driver modes", so I put both in.
>
>> Check out the latestes sound.git[*] and make sure your patch applies
>> there. Also note that the entries in this file are sorted by VID/PID.
>
> Ok, I'll give this a shot.. Does the quirk definition look sane?

Yes. Note that there are several coding style rules to obey in the
kernel (most importantly in your case: tabs are used for indentation).
See Documentation/CodingStyle and run scripts/checkpatch.pl on the patch
before submitting.

And I missed the annotation in the previous mail, so here it is:

[*] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git

> Is it
> worth showing the lsusb -v output with that patch in place (would you
> expect that to look any different... it still has the "unrecognized"
> parts)?

No.

Thanks,
Daniel