[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for v3.8

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Nov 29 17:44:22 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 05:30:11PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:

> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git for-next

> Forgot to push asoc-3.8 tag?

Not propagated yet...  git request-pull really is buggy in the way it
substitutes in a branch for a tag.

> Seriously, this makes too ugly to show up in gitk & co.  I don't mind
> the merge of a few branches.  But, this...

> Couldn't you digest in a better way?

*sigh*  I've been doing this all through this release cycle and now you
mention it...

People are going to bitch whatever happens.  You're either going to
get a lot of merges which also causes people to get upset or one big
merge which causes people to get upset especially if you do the merges
as you go so you get what's actually being tested.

I don't really have time to go through and generate a bunch of
individual merges right now, perhaps tomorrow.