[alsa-devel] snd_emu10k1 with E-MU 1616m PCIe

tilt tilt at linuxfoo.de
Wed Feb 15 01:42:03 CET 2012

Hello!

Myself wrote @ 02/12/2012 11:45 PM:
> [...]; so I wonder: should
> /usr/local/lib/firmware/emu/micro_dock.fw not also be loaded?
> [...]

I see there is a test in pci/emu10k1/emu10k1_main.c, line 735f:

   snd_emu1010_fpga_read(emu, EMU_HANA_OPTION_CARDS, &reg);
   if (reg & EMU_HANA_OPTION_DOCK_OFFLINE) {
      ... the following code is NOT executed on my hardware

The flag is defined in include/sound/emu10k1.h, line 1089:

   #define EMU_HANA_OPTION_DOCK_OFFLINE    0x08
      /* Audio Dock online and FPGA not configured */

However, if instead of the above I test for

   #define EMU_HANA_OPTION_DOCK_ONLINE     0x04
      /* Audio Dock online and FPGA configured */

the test succeeds.

Does this tell me that there is no need to load a dock firmware
on my hardware? After all, dock relais went online with an audible
click, dock exposes functionality, just a bit messy.

Kind regards,
Tilman.

P.S.: Will also start working with the emutrix group to get a
hold on the mixer names & routings. I hope I can get Phones L/R
configurable with existing driver