[alsa-devel] A debug version of the ALSA lib?

Olivier Guillion - Myriad olivier at myriad-online.com
Thu Sep 1 18:37:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote :
> > Is it possible for instance to install libasound-dbg on Ubuntu 11.04?
>
> That should be possible, yes. Or just build the library yourself and
> redirect your linker to take the self-compiled library rather than the
> system-wide instance.

Thank you very much for your answer. Would you be kind enough to tell me how to
build this debug version?
Is it possible through configure / make, or does it need modifying the
generated makefiles by hand?

> > I can send the whole project, with a very easy test that shows the problem
> > if needed.
>
> People on this list are usually really busy and I'm not sure whether
> anybody would offer such specifc support unless it points out a
> specific problem in the ALSA code. But I can't speak for everyone
> here, of course :)

I understand perfectly. If it's not due to a problem in my project's option or
my ALSA settings, then it's definitely a bug either in the ALSA code, or in the
Firefox plugin management. As soon as I can follow the calls with a debugger,
I'll be able to answer this question that bothers me for one full week now .

Regards,

Olivier
Olivier Guillion
Myriad
26 rue Michel de Montaigne
31200 Toulouse
FRANCE
http://www.myriad-online.com
Download here the latest version of our shareware programs, view the online
tutorials or get info about Myriad and its activities.