[alsa-devel] GR-55 Driver

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Tue May 24 15:30:29 CEST 2011

On Monday 23 May 2011 18:08:09 Daniel Mack wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Keith A. Milner
>
> <maillist at superlative.org> wrote:
> > On the other hand, the quirk entries for GT-10 and JS-8 are very close to
> > being identical. I wonder if the GR-55 needs some specific .data like the
> > GT-10 does. It may be worth taking the GT-10 entry and changing it for
> > the GR-55 vid/pid and trying it.
>
> I took the JS-8 quirks as a starting point because the USB descriptor
> dumps looked identical to me. But I could have overlooked a detail,
> that's possible. So as you've worked with such devices before, if you
> could double-check and give some info, that would be a great help.
> Without access to such (even similar) hardware, it's hard to really
> help much.

Yes, I know what you mean.

I don't have any experience with the GT-10's USB or drivers. I'm not sure
where those settings originated from or what the GT-10 descriptors look like.
I just know that the GT-10 and GR-55 are very similar devices and, nominally,
part of the same product family.

The JS-8 is from the same vendor but is really a very different product.
Obviously, despite this, there are some internal similarities.

Unfortunately whilst I have a JS-8, I don't have either a GT-10 or GR-55 (nor
any other Roland/Boss USB audio product) with which to compare it. I have a
GT-3, but that is a rather old model with no USB, so it's no use here.

I found the following old thread about the GT-10. I don't know if this sheds
any light?

http://old.nabble.com/Boss-GT-10-td17674980.html

--
Keith A. Milner