[alsa-devel] issue with AD1989A HDA codec and alsamixer

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:15:03 CET 2011

2011/2/1 Vincent Meserette <vmeserette at aldebaran-robotics.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a system which includes a connexant AD1989A HDA codec
> connected to a ATOM processor.
> I have four microphones connected to the B and C ports of this codec.
> If I change one of the 3 capture gains present in the alsamixer
> (Capture, Capture 1 or Capture 3), I can't have any more signal on the
> B and C ports
> It seems to be due to the fact that ALSA breaks (for example for the
> Capture gain) the link between the ADC selector 0 and ADC_0 widgets of
> the codec, what can be easily seen with codecgraph.
>
> Have you ever had this kind of problem?
> Do you know how can I resolve it ?
>
> Many thanks for your asnwers and best regards
>
> Vincent

What is the Vendor Id of conexant AD1989A ?

are your codec are using patch_analog.c according to vendor id of the codec
?

Looking at the datasheet of ad1988a , ad1988b and ad1989b at analog device
web site and ad1989a conexant web site

The digital microphone of conexant ad1989a only connect to adc0 in the
functional block diagram