[alsa-devel] issue with AD1989A HDA codec and alsamixer

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:16:55 CET 2011

2011/2/2 Raymond Yau <superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com>

> 2011/2/1 Vincent Meserette <vmeserette at aldebaran-robotics.com>
>
> Hi all,
>>
>> I am working on a system which includes a connexant AD1989A HDA codec
>> connected to a ATOM processor.
>> I have four microphones connected to the B and C ports of this codec.
>> If I change one of the 3 capture gains present in the alsamixer
>> (Capture, Capture 1 or Capture 3), I can't have any more signal on the
>> B and C ports
>> It seems to be due to the fact that ALSA breaks (for example for the
>> Capture gain) the link between the ADC selector 0 and ADC_0 widgets of
>> the codec, what can be easily seen with codecgraph.
>>
>> Have you ever had this kind of problem?
>> Do you know how can I resolve it ?
>>
>> Many thanks for your asnwers and best regards
>>
>> Vincent
>>

> What is the Vendor Id of conexant AD1989A ?
>
> are your codec are using patch_analog.c according to vendor id of the codec
> ?
>
> Looking at the datasheet of ad1988a , ad1988b and ad1989b at analog device
> web site and ad1989a conexant web site
>
> The digital microphone of conexant ad1989a only connect to adc0 in the
> functional block diagram

If the number of input sources of adc0 of ad1989a is more than those of adc1
and adc2

This may mean that you will need to implement a specific
ad1989a_capture_mixer[] for ad1989a instead of using ad1988_capture_mixer
and

may need to implement ad1989a_pcm_analog_alt_capture  for adc1 and adc2
similar to alc880_pcm_analog_alt_capture