[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.4.0 released

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 01:56:29 CEST 2010

2010/9/25 Sebastian H. <vand2 at gmx.de>

> snd_mixer_selem_is_active() has been ignored so far since I wasn't sure
> what it really meant.
> Seems the proper way to handle and *inactive* element is to hide the
> slider/switch/enum widgets completely.
> Alternatively they could be greyed out. But showing dead
> widgets would probably just distract users and waste screen space.
> Btw. I'm still working on a alsamixer-qt4. There've been just so many
> changes in the background that it takes some time to stabilize
> everything again. And there're still open issues (mostly QT stuff).
> So I would estimate two or three more weeks for a new release.

Seem I have quoted a wrong example

Refer to patch_via.c , when "Independent Headphone" switch is on/off,
In via_independent_hp_put() function call activate_ctl() which set the
"Headphone Playback volume" and "Headphone Playback switch" controls to

This mean that the controls are only temporary inactive and can become
active again
the driver also call snd_ctl_notify(codec->bus->card,

Does it mean that the mixer application receive an event about the change of
the active/inactive state of the control ?