[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.4.0 released

Sebastian H. vand2 at gmx.de
Sat Sep 25 12:42:36 CEST 2010

Am 25.09.2010 03:25, schrieb Raymond Yau:
> 2010/8/4 Sebastian H. <vand2 at gmx.de>
>
>> Hello everyone
>>
>> I've been working on Alsamixer-Qt4 lately and compiled
>> the changes into a new release version 0.4.0.
>> Most importantly the cards list can be refreshed now
>> and the style got a little overhaul, too.
>> A more detailed changelog can be found at the xwmw.org page.
>>
>> The new version 0.4.0 is available at the known places.
>> http://xwmw.org/alsamixer-qt4/
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamixer-qt4/files/
>>
>> Any comments are welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sebastian
>>

> How about those inactive controls ? snd_mixer_selem_is_active()
>
> e.g. for those motherboard with 3 audio jacks at the rear panel,  the pink
> and blue jacks are retasked as output pins after turn the "Smart 5.1" switch
> on , the controls of "Mic" and "Line-in" , "ceter/lfe" and "rear"  are
> active/inactive

snd_mixer_selem_is_active() has been ignored so far since I wasn't sure
what it really meant.

Seems the proper way to handle and *inactive* element is to hide the
slider/switch/enum widgets completely.
Alternatively they could be greyed out. But showing dead
widgets would probably just distract users and waste screen space.

Btw. I'm still working on a alsamixer-qt4. There've been just so many
changes in the background that it takes some time to stabilize
everything again. And there're still open issues (mostly QT stuff).
So I would estimate two or three more weeks for a new release.