[alsa-devel] [RFC] ASoC: multi-component: Add optional kcontrol prefix name for a DAI link

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:55:32 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:25:18 +0100
Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 02:17:29PM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
>
> > I don't see it are there any problems. For me it looks the routes in
> > WM9090 are unique and registered to own codec instance so there should
> > not be route prefixing needed.
>
> Meh, right.  DAPM isn't coping with things that cross CODECs really.
> This will need to be looked at.
>
> > How these amplifier drivers are actually meant to be probed? Currently
> > struct snd_soc_codec_driver->probe is called only from
> > soc_probe_dai_link.
>
> We need to set up a list of anciliary devices which are registered
> without DAIs for this.

So we need to split these into three separate problems:

- Prefixing
- DAPM linking between codecs
- Registering DAIless codecs in machine drivers

What you think: is it better to hold my prefixing patch until DAPM
linking is solved or can it be applied before? I mean if we need to go
some global, not codec based DAPM, then there is need to prefix but not
if DAPM remains per codec.

--
Jarkko