[alsa-devel] [RFC] ASoC: multi-component: Add optional kcontrol prefix name for a DAI link

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Sep 3 11:33:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 10:55:32AM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:

> So we need to split these into three separate problems:

> - Prefixing
> - DAPM linking between codecs
> - Registering DAIless codecs in machine drivers

> What you think: is it better to hold my prefixing patch until DAPM
> linking is solved or can it be applied before? I mean if we need to go
> some global, not codec based DAPM, then there is need to prefix but not
> if DAPM remains per codec.

Well, the DAPM map needs to be global in some sense since it needs to
flow between CODECs and we need board widgets which are definitely not
fixed on an individual chip.

I think I'd like a firm idea of how the cross device DAPM works before
we do anything with the prefixes since there's some overlap there (if
only due to the fact that half the controls come from DAPM), even if the
cross device DAPM doesn't actually work yet.  I think your current code
is probably going to work well with DAPM but I need to have a bit of a
think about that over the weekend.