[alsa-devel] Problem with PPH plugin

Anton Yashin fynjy-007 at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 21 13:30:13 CET 2010

Takashi Iwai <tiwai <at> suse.de> writes:

> You need to set up the configuration to use that plugin.  Just installing
> doesn't enable the plugin setup.  See README.

Thanks, after i added:
defaults.pcm.rate_converter "samplerate"
to ~/.asoundrc i got segmentation fault. I added
crash-with-alsa-plugins-samplerate-enabled.txt to the alsa bugtracker.

> How does firefox make sounds by itself?  Since the bug is triggered when
> you enter some error texts in the search field, I guess this is causing
> a beep or whatever tone.

This is what I had in mind. Beep sound played by firefox. No other browser can
not play sounds on events in my system.

thanks,

Anton.