[alsa-devel] Problem with PPH plugin

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jan 21 12:59:14 CET 2010

At Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:19:24 +0000 (UTC),
Anton Yashin wrote:

> Takashi Iwai <tiwai <at> suse.de> writes:
>
> > OK, just one more thing to be sure -- does this happen also with samplerate
> > plugin?  I suppose it's PPH specific, but it's not clear whether this comes
> > from the PCM core side or just in the SRC side.
> >

> You mean alsa-plugins-samplerate ? No this issue exists if alsa-plugins is
> installed. Installing or uninstalling alsa-plugins-samplerate does not change
> the situation.

You need to set up the configuration to use that plugin.  Just installing
doesn't enable the plugin setup.  See README.

> > Also, did you see any similar error with other apps?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Takashi
> >

> There is unique to firefox. Is the only browser that makes sounds. The rest
> multithreaded audio output is working properly. For example i can watch two
> videos at once on youtube.

How does firefox make sounds by itself?  Since the bug is triggered when
you enter some error texts in the search field, I guess this is causing
a beep or whatever tone.

> One more thing. Raymond	says:
> >is flashsupport.c the source code of libflashplayer.so
> >
> >http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player:Additional_Interface_Support_for_Linux
> [^]
> >
> >It seem that there are some bugs in flashsupport.c

Quite possibly.

thanks,