[alsa-devel] Mixer application for EMU cards

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 19:41:58 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 03:40 -0400, Camilo Polymeris wrote:
> Hello,
> for those of you not subscribed to LAD, I finally got to write a mixer
> application for the EMU 1010 based cards. I tossed out the original
> ideas of a full-featured app and went the simple way, just basic
> point-to-point routing, no fancy "Multichannel"  features.
>
> It's available here: http://code.google.com/p/emutrix/
> Screenshot:
> http://www2.udec.cl/~cpolymeris/emutrix/Screenshot-EMutrix-1.png
>
> Be aware that the code is awful, just fast prototyping, but functional.
> It may also mess with your mixer levels, if you want to try it. please
> make a backup with 'alsactl store'.
>
> Feedback welcome,
> Camilo

While writing this software I realized that the input and output pads
are actually -12dB pads, not -14dB as the driver states. I guess they
are thought as +4dBu/-10dBV (= ~12dB) switches.
Also the driver says SPDIF input is on the 0202 daughter card, but at
least in my card it's on the 1010 main card.
I have a 1212M V1 card. If anyone has one of these cards, can you
confirm that these are true for other/all cards of the series?

Thanks
Camilo