[alsa-devel] Turtle Beach Tahiti (snd-msnd-classic)

Brand, Mark (Mr) (Summerstrand Campus South) Mark.Brand at nmmu.ac.za
Sun Aug 29 16:23:00 CEST 2010

Dear Takashi Iwai, Krzysztof Helt, Karsten Wiese and all,

Following advice given on the bugtracker, and noting the call "testers wanted" in the Turtle Beach section of the ALSA soundcard matrix: I have been unable to get my Tahiti soundcard working under ALSA (see issue # 5118).

1. dmesg says "Assuming PnP mode", despite isapnp=0 option
2. dmesg makes no further mention of the driver (resource assignment, firmware upload, DSP reset, attach?).
3. /proc/interrupts, /proc/ioports and /proc/iomem show no resource assignments
4. aplay -l lists no soundcards
5. YET: lsmod shows driver has been loaded.

Most importantly, no sound.

To reproduce: