[alsa-devel] No audio from laptop speakers, and very faint audio through headphones

Adam Wiseman usn.mustanger at gmail.com
Thu May 22 01:03:05 CEST 2008

Note:  I originally posted my problem on the alsa-user list, but due to the
fact that I've got an intel "integrated-everything" chipset, which alsa
apparently seems to be having all sorts of trouble with, I was referred to
the devel list.  So here's my problem:

On my Panasonic Toughbook, I get no sound from the laptop speakers, and just
barely audible sound from the headphones.  I've googled, searched the ubuntu
forums, and chatted with a very helpful individual (wishie) on IRC, to no
avail.
Here is my pastebin of my alsa-info.sh output:  http://pastebin.ca/1021657
Here is my pastebin of my amixer output:  http://pastebin.ca/1021660
I would be ridiculously grateful if anyone can help me get the sound working
on this thing.
Thanks,
Adam