[alsa-devel] Wrong offset, step and size passed from alsa-lib layers to external io type plugin

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:07:32 CET 2008

Hi,

In my external io type plugin, the alsa buffer is not accessible in the
transfer function, symptom of this
is I am unable to memcpy period size data from alsa buffer to my local
buffers.

after debugging a little I found out that values of offset, size and
areas->step are wrong.

#aplay --period-size =1024 --buffer-size=8192 test.wav

static snd_pcm_sframes_t alsa_transfer(snd_pcm_ioplug_t *io,
                   const snd_pcm_channel_area_t *areas,
                   snd_pcm_uframes_t offset,
                   snd_pcm_uframes_t size)

I get following,

Buffer size = 32768 bytes
Period size = 4096 bytes
*ALSA buffer base addr = 0x2c6e0               //wrong
Offset = 0xbeb4c7dc                                  **//wrong*
*size = 1063777280                                     **//wrong*
step = 32

What could be the reason?
-Pharaoh.