[alsa-devel] PATCH - ESI Juli driver

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 07:30:38 CET 2008

Pavel:

I want to thank you for getting the Juli@ driver sorted out. Its all working
right and I can play the 176.4 KHz 24 bit files now properly. Along with
96K, 88.2K 48K and 44.1K.  I had to borrow an Apogee 192K mini-dac to test
the system. The inexpensive DAC I got off eBay from China was never tested
properly for high bit rate files and let me off track until I got a known
DAC to test with.

The unique clocking scheme of the Juli@ card should give lower jitter and
better audio than the other solutions since the clock isn’t generated from a
PLL. It’s a relative bargain compared to a Hammerfall or a Lynx card. And
now with a good Linux driver very useable.

                            -Demian

Demian Martin

Product Design Service

784 Cary Drive