[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Sat Mar 22 20:09:14 CET 2008

Rene, don't bother bugging Tangent.  I have a demo unit on the way.  My
first priority is getting the driver working.

Tangent really won't help much - their a distributor, not the OEM.  This
is an MSI Crystal 945 in a Tangent shell.

If you want to try something, see if the bios can be reflashed with the
Crystal 945 firmware.

As to the speaker board, where on the main board is it mounted?  Is the
header labeled?  How many pins?  It sounds like the speakers may be on
the front panel header, which would make them function like headphones.
Or this board is custom build for this application and I don't know what
I'm talking about.

Tobin