[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Rene Dohmen acidjunk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:40:26 CET 2008

Op Mar 22, 2008, om 8:09 PM heeft Tobin Davis het volgende geschreven:

> Rene, don't bother bugging Tangent.  I have a demo unit on the
> way.  My first priority is getting the driver working.
> Tangent really won't help much - their a distributor, not the OEM.
> This is an MSI Crystal 945 in a Tangent shell.

I know that the system is actually a Crystal 945. I got the
touchscreen working via a dev driver from salt (so not tangent)
On the mainboard there is a conenctor: JFP1that goes to the ms4088
board. The mainboard connects to:
- power led
- hdd led
- speakers
- main power switch

I can provide you with some photoos if you like.

As stated earlier: the sound is working by with very low volume levels

> If you want to try something, see if the bios can be reflashed with
> the Crystal 945 firmware.

I sound working with the original crystal? I don't think tangent has
flshed their BIOS to another version.
In the crystal 945 specs I found that the're using a Realtek ALC262
with azalia codec, maybe this helps.