[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Rene Dohmen acidjunk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 18:59:25 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm glad t o read that there are other people with the same problem
on the same system.
I just opened my Tangent 8000S and it has indeed a MSI mainboard:
MS7290. The speakers are connected to a small custom board: MS-4088
There's no extra chip on this customboard and the board is directly
connected to the mainboard. So probably the signal leaving the
mainboard in amplified already. (or there's a amplifier builtin the
speakers)

Next week i'll have some time to put tangent under some more pressure
for info, so maybe that will speed up things a little bit.

Grz Rene