[alsa-devel] Maya44 driver in the official ALSA tree

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Sat Mar 15 09:44:01 CET 2008

At Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:06:50 +0100,
Rainer Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> Takashi Iwai wrote:
>  >
>  > Anyway, the Maya44 support is still pending.  We need some cleanups
>  > before merting Maya44 support code.
>  >

> What cleanups in particular did you refer to?
>
> As for the rate setting issue, what would you think about merging the Maya44
> code in its current state (i.e. working, stable, but certain invalid rate
> settings are possible), so testing can start, and resolving the rate issue
> afterwards?
>
> Or would you prefer to fully resolve the rate setting issue before we merge the
> maya44 code?

Basically it's up to you.  If we need changes to ice1712.h and
ice1724.c, we should do it right because this change would influence
on other hardwares.  If it's not needed as a prelimiary  work, then
it's fine to merge as is.

So, just post again the patch you think to be merged.  Then let's
recheck the remaining issues.

thanks,