[alsa-devel] SB0880 X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (with codecgraph)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jul 16 00:04:19 CEST 2008

At Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:59:53 +0200,
Maximilian Güntner wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> >> Does this hack only work with the  X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, or does
> >> it include support for all X-Fi based cards from Creative Labs?
> >>

> > It's only for X-Fi with HD-audio compatibility.  It's not for native
> > Emu20k stuff.
> >
> HD-audio means what exactly?

It means that the board has a compatible mode with Intel HD-audio
hardwares, which are seen on most of new PCs as on-board sounds.
In this mode, you have no emu20k-specific DSP functionalities but acts
just as a dumb playback/capture device.

> How can i see whether a card has this feature or not?

Try the driver with your PCI ID, and check whether it works.

> The cards you mentioned have all 64 MB X-RAM, mine has only 2 MB.
> Is this a indication of missing HD-Audio support ?

It's irrelevant.

> > I have got a Creative X-Fi Extreme Music, that gets infact recognized by
> > my system but modprobing the patched source (modprobe snd-hda-intel, i
> > hope this is the right one) does not work.
> > Here the lspci if this helps:
> >

> > Check "lspci -n".  So far, 1102:0009 and 1102:000b are known to be
> > HD-audio compatible.
> >

> This is lspci -nn
> 01:02.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Creative Labs SB X-Fi
> [1102:0005]

You can add 1102:0005 to hda_intel.c like the above others.