[alsa-devel] SB0880 X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (with codecgraph)

Maximilian Güntner beomuex at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 15:59:53 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> Does this hack only work with the  X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, or does
>> it include support for all X-Fi based cards from Creative Labs?
>>

> It's only for X-Fi with HD-audio compatibility.  It's not for native
> Emu20k stuff.

HD-audio means what exactly?
How can i see whether a card has this feature or not?
The cards you mentioned have all 64 MB X-RAM, mine has only 2 MB.
Is this a indication of missing HD-Audio support ?

> I have got a Creative X-Fi Extreme Music, that gets infact recognized by
> my system but modprobing the patched source (modprobe snd-hda-intel, i
> hope this is the right one) does not work.
> Here the lspci if this helps:
>

> Check "lspci -n".  So far, 1102:0009 and 1102:000b are known to be
> HD-audio compatible.

This is lspci -nn
01:02.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Creative Labs SB X-Fi
[1102:0005]

-- beomuex