[alsa-devel] Splitting up the HDA-INTEL modules

Marco Schuster marco at harddisk.is-a-geek.org
Tue Jan 15 19:36:34 CET 2008

Hi all,

when I looked today through the files of the snd-hda-intel module, I
was a bit shocked by this complex amount of code (patch_realtek.c for
example). I would think about splitting up the code in a way each
chipset gets its own .c file - which will make debugging, patching or
editing a lot easier IMO, and for second people can then comment on
just their specific chipset in config.

What do you think about this?

Marco

PS: If there are no objections, I'll start working on realtek.c on
weekend.