[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

Jiang zhe zhe.jiang at intel.com
Wed Jan 16 06:49:43 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 02:22 +0800, De Fuuss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recompiled the driver with --with-debug=detect. Dmesg output is
> attached to this mail. ALSA specificities seem to be present this
> time.
Hi,

>From the dmesg, there is "hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC883, trying
auto-probe from BIOS"
It looks like that no "model=" is assigned.
Did you assign model for the driver?

Can you play some music?
Then there will be some info in the dmesg like
"hda_codec_setup_stream:NID=  ".
Please paste such info and give the result of
"cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0".

BTW, how did you do the testing?
You run speaker-test or by other way?

>From the codec info, it seems that there are paths from DAC to Jack.
So it's a little weird that all other jacks are silent.

Thanks!