[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel AD1981 - the microphone doesn't work

Grzegorz Chwesewicz grzegorz.chwesewicz at chilan.com
Tue Feb 12 21:02:07 CET 2008

Tuesday 12 of February 2008 18:11:28 Robert Gonciarz napisał(a):
> Hi, I'm trying to activate a microphone (I have just external one) in my
> HP NX7300 (RU374ES) notebook (it has two jacks without internal mic) for
> six months. Alsamixer says that it's AD1981 chipset.
>
> The sound works great execept two things:
> - it's too silent when I set almost the maximum level (if you compare it
> with Windows XP driver) - but it's not so bad. It is said that a tothem
> can change some hidden settings to make it louder.
>
> - the microphone doesn't work even though I setted it in alsamiser (the
> settings: <capture tab> the "Mic" is red, "Mic boss" is setted with
> 67/67, "Capture" 80/80, Mix is blue and "-----", "Digital" 62/62,
> "Docking-" is blue and "----", "Internal" 67/67.
> The mic doesn't capture any voice at all.
>
> I was trying to load the module with different names: default, hp and
> toshiba works but the mic still doesn't work.
>
> lspci | grep Audio
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
>
> lspci -nv
> 00:1b.0 0403: 8086:27d8 (rev 01)
> 	Subsystem: 103c:30a2
> 	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
> 	Memory at f4580000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
> 	Capabilities: <access denied>
> 	Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
> 	Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
>
> It was tested with snd-hda-intel module from the lastest sources from
> your website: alsa-driver-1.0.16rc2.
>
> I'm using 2.6.24.1 kernel. At the begining I tried to compile the kernel
> with a module which was included to it (it was working without a mic)
> and then I compiled the external module from your web.

Hi Robert. I have NX6325, it has same sound card (AD1981HD), but different
chipset (I have AMD processor). Take a look at description of my problem in
links below.

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2449
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-February/005817.html

--